Media Studies Paper 2 30% 60 marks 1 hour 30 minutes Section A: Television 50 minutes (including watching) Q1: Stepped questions based on the extract. Analysis of media language or representation Q2: 10 mark question on contexts, industries or audiences Section B: Music 40 minutes Q3: 20 mark analysis of media language or representation Q4: 10 mark question on contexts, industries or audiences Television Set texts: Luther, The Sweeney Q1a will be a simple analysis question Q1a will ask you to analyse and make a judgement Q2 will be on TV audiences, industry or contexts Representations Luther is represented at powerful, as a maverick detective, hegemonic masculinity. First black detective, highly intelligent and good at his job. Generally his motives are good but he doesn't always go about it in the right way. Alice is represented as highly anti-stereotypical. Structure Media language - How far is the camerawork in this extract typical of the genre? - What? How? Why? Possible set t...
Tuesday 6th June 2023 https://jesseplauren3.wixsite.com/my-site Tuesday 13th June 2023 LO: To refine and evaluate my website. Thursday 15th June 2023 Evaluation: My company is called Cross stitch patterns and it includes cross stitch patterns aimed at teenagers. Some of the designs include Harry Potter, Friends, Star Wars and Disney. On wix I had to use the image section to add my logo and the design feature to be able to change colour schemes, the text and the overall design of buttons. I'm happy that I was able to create a website which expresses the theme I was going for. If I was to do this again I would add different images as a lot of them are for like tv shows/films. I think next time I should add pictures that show the variety of designs.
Friday 13th December 2024 Section A LO: Exploring Media Language and Representation Section A - Magazines (Vogue and GQ) - Marketing (film posters) - Newspapers - Print Advert (Quality Street and This Girl Can) 2 questions - One question assessing media language in relation to one set product - One 2 part question assessing representation in relation to one set product and one unseen resource in the same media CONVENTIONS & CONNOTATIONS
Comments
Post a Comment